Open and Short Circuits
Does the "short circuit" mean the electricity takes a shorter course?
What do you need?
- Lantern battery - DO NOT USE ANYTHING HIGHER THAN A NINE-VOLT BATTERY
- Small light bulb/lamp or small motor
- Wire to connect battery and lamp terminal (bare wire, not plastics or rubber covered)
- Wire clippers
What to do?
- Cut three pieces of wire.
- Connect the wires from the battery terminals to the lamp terminals - lamp or motor will light up or run.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For further information, consult your state's handbook of Science Safety.