Is your young artist looking for another way to paint? Check out this awesome blow painting activity to give your preschooler some extra fun.
What You Need:
- Bendable straws
- Thin homemade paint or watered down store-bought paint
- Safe container with sides
What You Do:
- Cut and place a piece of paper to cover the bottom of the container for easy cleanup.
- Ask your child to pick a paint color, and pour a tiny bit onto the paper.
- Using a straw, invite your child to blow the paint. Make sure she doesn't suck in the straw!
- Have your child choose a color and dribble a bit onto her paper.
- Keep putting more colors on the paper! Have your child come up with stories to describe her painting. Ask her questions to get her talking. Have her identify shapes and patterns.
- Encourage your child to name the painting. Write her name in the corner.
- Let the painting dry, and hang the beautiful artwork when it's done!