Construct a Paper Plate Wind Spinner Activity
Want to make your yard, patio, or other favorite outdoor spot sparkle with personality? As the weather grows warmer, this project is a perfect way to brighten things up!
Your child will create a homemade wind spinner that represents her favorite elements of summertime. Not only will it add an adorable decoration to the backyard, but as she watches her spinner twirl in the breeze, she'll learn how even the gentlest wind can make a lightweight object dance!
What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Markers, stickers, glitter glue
What You Do:
- Ask your child to start at the outer edge, and use a pencil to draw a two-inch wide spiral inwards toward the center of the plate. This marks where the plate will be cut after it is decorated.
- Talk to her about her favorite outdoor activities and locations. Invite her to use markers to draw her favorite representations of summertime on the paper plate. Encourage her to embellish her creations with glitter, stickers, or other art supplies to make the plate look festive.
- When the decorations are complete, help her cut along the pencil line.
- Next, invite her to make a hole in the center of the plate.
- Finally, help her select the perfect spot to hang the spinner!