Scary Hand Halloween Decoration
Halloween wouldn't be complete without a creepy paper hand with spider and eyeball rings to help decorate a haunted house! Create your very own scary hand complete with glittery veins and creepy nails.
What You Need:
- Black, green, white, orange construction paper: 8.5” x 11” each
- Glue stick
- Glitter Glue (Red)
- Red marker
- Small black pompoms
What You Do:
- Have your child trace his hand on black paper. He can elongate the fingers and make them uneven to create a more spooky effect. Cut out the hand.
- Cut out triangles from the green paper for the fingernails. Glue each triangle down as they are cut out. To make them more fingernail-like, cut the bottom of the triangle into a slight curve to make a cone shape.
- Cut a circle out of the white paper for the eyeball. Glue it to the hand. Cut a smaller circle out of the blue paper and glue it in the center of the white circle. Glue a black pompom right in the middle of the blue circle to finish the eyeball.
- Draw a spider shape on orange paper. It will need to be small enough to fit on a finger and large enough so the legs can be cut out. Draw the legs in two parts (a “V” shape). Cut the spider shape out, carefully cutting around the legs. Fold the legs at the joint of the “V” for a 3D effect. Glue the spider on a finger.
- Glue two small pompoms for eyes onto the spider.
- Draw glitter veins on the hand using red glitter glue.
- Add a piece of ripped green construction paper at the bottom of the wrist to finish off the ghoulish hand!
Ellen Dean has worked as an art educator in Thailand since 2005, working with both children and adults. She has also been a professional artist working in painting, sculpture and photography since 1996.