Night Light Craft
Got an empty glass vase sitting around collecting dust? How about a large glass bottle that was just headed for the trash can? Give these old items new life with a fun, recycled project. In a jiffy, your child can turn these empty containers into the base for a handmade night light! It's a perfect addition to a relaxing evening setting and sure to receive admiring glances from guests.
What You Need:
- Clean glass bottle or vase with labels removed
- Short string of small Christmas lights
- Paint pens
What You Do:
- Start by having your child clean and thoroughly dry the glass bottle. To be safe, it is best to leave the bottle dry overnight.
- Encourage your child to decorate the outside of the glass bottle with paint pens. Consider the area where you are placing the night light, and urge him to decorate the bottle to match. Allow to dry.
- Ask him to thread a short string of lights into the bottle, but make sure the plug is left out with enough slack to reach an outlet.
- Have him set up his creation in the desired area and plug it in!
- Be sure to read the safety instructions on the string of lights. Furthermore, make sure he always unplugs his night light when he's not using it!