What You Need:
- Felt in two colors
- Needle and thread
- Jump ring
What You Do:
- Because you will be cutting long narrow strips, it will be easiest to cut along lines inked onto the fabric. Use a Sharpie with a fine point to mark off a strip of felt that is 6 inches long by 1/4 inch wide. Repeat with second color.
- Have your daughter help you cut out the strips.
- Next, she can glue the strips, one on top of the other.
- Run a bead of glue down the top strip. This is the glue that will help hold your coil tight. Make sure that your needle and thread are handy and that the thread is knotted.
- Roll the strips into a coil, trimming if the ends are uneven.
- Holding the coil together, help her use the needle and thread to stitch the end of the felt into place. Hold the coil while your daughter sews. Do not cut the thread! Now sew the jump ring to the coil so that your daughter can hang her pendant on a chord or a chain.
- Wipe off any excess glue and let dry.
Felt coils can be hung from earrings or used to decorate a headband or a barrette. Soon your daughter will have a whole set of matching accessories.