What You Need:
- Felt square slightly smaller than circumference of bear’s head
- Metallic trim
- Non-toxic marker
What You Do:
- Have your child carefully draw or trace a circle within the felt square. You can use a compass for this if you like.
- Cut out the circle, then fold it in half.
- Help him staple along the fold, leaving no more than 1/8 of an inch between the fold and the staples.
- Fold the circle in half the other way, making a fold that runs perpendicular to the first fold you made.
- Staple along the new fold in the same way, so that this row of staples crosses the first row.
- Turn your yarmulke so that the staples are on the inside. The side of the yarmulke without the staples is the right side. Unfold your yarmulke.
- Finish the yarmulke by helping your child staple metallic trim around the rim.
Let teddy try on his new yarmulke. How does he look?