Craft Puzzle Piece Curtains
Recycle materials found in your home to make trendy curtains for your child's bedroom door or window. An old puzzle and some string is the perfect place to start. Bond with your child over a fun day of crafting while helping her add a decorative touch to her room.
What You Need:
- Puzzle with several hundred pieces
- Push pins
- Tape measure
What You Do:
- Work with your child to measure the length of the area the puzzle hanging will cover. Cut several lengths of thread that are a few feet longer than the vertical measurement of this area.
- On each thread you cut, have her tie on puzzle pieces, spacing them close together. The closer you space the puzzle pieces, the thicker in appearance your curtain will be.
- After your child finishes filling each string with puzzle pieces, trim any excess string at the bottom.
- Using push pins, hang the puzzle piece strings side by side from the top of the door or window to create a curtain.
You can also hang the curtains from a rod instead of using push pins. Simply tie the strings to the rod and hang in place.