Zombie cupcakes are baked goods that look as if they've been pulled fresh from a skull! This zombie cupcake recipe is a no-brainer for Halloween because it transforms normal cupcake ingredients into a creepy treat with a few twists of the wrist. Kids will have a blast practicing their baking techniques while playing with their food.
What You Need:
- Cupcake mix
- Cupcake pan
- Paper cupcake holders
- White icing
- Pastry bag
- Round icing tip
- Gummy worms
- Red and green food coloring
What You Do:
- Bake your favorite cupcake recipe and allow the cupcakes to cool.
- In a bowl, mix icing, six drops of green food coloring and three drops of red food coloring to get the perfect color for “gray matter.” Depending on your icing, you may have to add more drops to get the best color.
- Put the round tip into a pastry bag, and fill the bag with the gray icing.
- Squeeze the icing in squiggles on top of the cupcake, working from front to back, side to side. It helps if you look at an actual picture of a brain to see how the pattern goes.
- Jab a gummy worm into the cupcake for the perfect wormy brain!