Create your very own adorable reindeer to keep you company throughout the holiday season. He makes a great nightstand companion, or adds a cute decoration to a dinner table. Simple to make, a self-standing reindeer cone made from construction paper, felt and pipe cleaners, will put a smile on everyone’s face!
What You Need:
- 1 piece of brown construction paper
- 1 medium sized red pompom
- 2 small googly eyes
- Red felt cut into 2 strips (1” x 3” each)
- 1 brown pipe cleaner
- Fine black marker
- White glue
- Clear tape
- Salad plate for tracing
What You Do:
- Trace a small salad plate on the brown construction paper. Cut out the circle.
- Turn the circle into a cone shape and staple in place. Trim the edges if any paper goes over the edges of the cone. The cone should easily sit flat.
- Glue the two googly eyes toward the top of the cone.
- Glue the red pompom for the nose.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in thirds. Place one cut piece on one side of the cone, another on the other side of the cone. Cut the third piece of pipe cleaner in half. Twist on a short piece of pipe cleaner to each of the longer pieces, creating antlers.
- Use white glue to adhere the antlers on either side of the back of the head area. You can temporarily use clear tape to hold the antlers in place while they are drying. Make sure to carefully remove the tape when the antlers are dry.
- Draw on eyebrows and a mouth using a thin black marker.
- Cut small fringe into the ends of the red felt to create a scarf. Glue the red felt scarf in a crisscross, just under your reindeer's mouth.
Helpful Hint: Turn your reindeer into an adorable place setting for a holiday party by writing guests names on his red scarf!