Your Christmas tree probably doesn’t need mittens to keep warm, but it sure looks cute wearing them! These easy foam mittens make a great seasonal ornament for any tree, gift or fireplace, and are decorated with your child’s creative touch—she can add cotton balls, glitter, paint and all kinds of other decorations to make it her own, and even write her name on them!
What You Need:
- Red foam sheet
- 2 Cotton balls
- Glitter glue
- Hole punch
- Black marker
What You Do:
- Show your child how to draw a mitten shape on red foam. She can use her hands as a template.
- Cut the mitten shape out with a pair of scissors.
- Sketch a snowflake on the mitten with pencil. This is a good time to practice drawing symmetrical shapes and designs.
- Now your child can trace over the pencil lines with glitter glue. Use lots of colors to make it sparkle!
- Pull apart some cotton balls and roll them into smaller balls.
- Dip each ball in glue and press them at the bottom of the mitten to create a fur trim.
- Punch a hole in the top of the thumb of the mitten, and string a ribbon through the hole to create a knot.
- Sign and date the back of your mitten with a marker.