Make the most of some ordinary household supplies to create this fun puppet craft that hails from Indonesia. Your child will create movable figures that she can use for puppet shows to delight the whole family. In addition to having fun making these puppets, she'll develop her fine motor skills and learn a little bit about another culture. This is a great activity for any time of the year, but it also makes for some great Halloween entertainment!
What You Need:
- Thick black construction paper
- Downloadable black cat template
- Long, thin bamboo skewers (12-15” minimum length, available in grocery stores)
- Brass “brad” paper fasteners
- Hole punch
- Strong craft glue or hot glue gun