Berry Basket Ornament
All you need for an eco-friendly holiday ornament is a plastic berry basket and some basic craft supplies. These cute green baskets are a shame to throw out, so now your child can make them into evergreen trees studded with tiny jewels and glitter for a sparkling mini tree to hang on the real one! When she's mastered trees, see what else she can create with the bright green baskets. Wreaths, bows and icicles would look just as cute.
What You Need:
- Plastic berry basket
- White glue
- Wax paper
What You Do:
- Have your child cut out each side of the berry basket, so she has five flat pieces to work with. She can start planning the possible shapes she will cut out of the pieces.
- For a tree ornament, cut out a triangle shape with a rectangular stump on one side.
- Have your child thread a 5" piece of ribbon through one of the holes at the top of the tree, and tie a knot to create a loop.
- Lay the ornament on some wax paper, and have your child spread some glue onto the top, so it fills the small cells.
- Stick sequins or rhinestones in the cells to represent ornaments on the tree.
- Let the ornament dry overnight, and then peel it off the wax paper.
WIth this recycled craft, it's easy to go green!