Make a Festive Year of the Tiger Calendar
According to the Chinese Calendar, 2010 is the Year of the Tiger, which began on February 14, 2010, and ends on February 2, 2011. To commemorate this year, help your child make a festive tiger-inspired wall calendar for keeping track of special dates like birthdays and holidays.
This activity requires printing letters and numbers, measuring with a straight edge, and cutting, so your child’s fine motor skills will get ample exercise. Plus, this cultural activity will teach your child a little bit about the Chinese Zodiac!
What You Need:
- Tiger print felt (available in craft stores)
- 2010 monthly calendar template
- Black, orange, pink and yellow markers
- Chinese character for “good fortune” or “fu”
- Craft glue
- Wooden dowel, approximately 18” long and 5/16” in diameter
- Gold string
- Low temperature glue gun