Greet visitors to your door with a sweet wreath made from candy and ribbon. This colorful candy wreath creation is easy to make and fun to display -- and you and your child can eat the leftover candy when the project is finished!
What You Need:
- 2 large paperclips
- Duct tape
- Christmas ornament hook
- Round hard candies with a hole in the center
What You Do:
- Help your child open up two large paperclips. Bend it flat until the entire clip is stretched into a straight line.
- Have her overlap the ends of the two paperclips.
- Wrap a small piece of duct tape over the overlapped section.
- Let your child curve the paperclips until they form a circle.
- Show her how to "thread" the paperclip through the first hard candy.
- Have her place candies on the paperclip until almost the entire length is covered.
- Wrap a piece of duct tape around the other two overlapping ends of the paperclip circle.
- Help your child attach a Christmas ornament hook at the top.
- Have her tie a ribbon around the base of the ornament hook.
- Let her hang up her candy wreath on your door, Christmas tree or window!