Does your busy student need something to nibble on after a long day of playing and learning? Teach her to assemble her own apple pizza -- an easy, nutritious and delicious alternative to traditional after school snacks.
What You Need:
- Apple slices
- Peanut butter
- Shredded coconut
- Plastic Knife
- Paper towels
What You Do:
- First things first -- make sure your child washes her hands with plenty of water and soap.
- Have her layer paper towels to create her workspace.
- Let her arrange all her apple pizza ingredients on the towels.
- Help her spread peanut butter on each apple splice.
- Have her sprinkle the raisins on the peanut butter
- Let her use her fingers to pat the raisins securely in the peanut butter.
- Have her sprinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon and shredded coconut over the raisins.
- Time to eat!
Variations on this snack are limited only by your child’s imagination. Next time try substituting cream cheese or marshmallow cream for the peanut butter. She can even add chocolate chips or fruit bits for an extra delicious variation!